Thursday, November 08, 2012

Swaziland day 4

About 2.5 hrs north of Mbabane, is a small project, isolated, on the border of Swaziland and Mozambique. Rain continues to disrupt an even flow of children in the clinic, but we manage. Poor is poor. The children are well cared for but still are in need of more. Barefoot, cold and in tattered clothes, they come. They come for their meal that sustains them for another day, and a night of sleep. I wonder how 1 billion dollars is spent on a presidential campaign, most of which is donated money, when that 1 billion dollars could make a difference in these childrens lives or in the lives of the many children who are homeless in the US. I see the faces as they look at me, and wonder what they are thinking. I hope it is a thought of comfort knowing that we are there for them.
Internet service is out so a short blog and pictures. I know you understand.
In all things give thanks,
David