Monday, May 07, 2012

Kenya: When it rains it pours

It's the rainy season here. Therefore it rains. Rivers flood and washes overflow. You'd think we'd know better....wouldn't you. Not us. We forged ahead. I am typing this on my BB and can send only one picture but it will give you an idea of what we went through. We walked across and took all our med over in a small truck, making it across okay. Coming back we didn't. The truck got stuck in the middle of the wash. No 4 wheel drive but a lot of pulling and pushing the truck worked. We spent just 4 hours in the village before we had to leave since the clouds were gathering and we were afraid to get stuck there overnight. The children sang and danced for us and we then worked with the healthcare workers examining them. We go back there today. Hopefully it will be better. Sorry about no pictures. I'll make it up when I get back. My fingers are cramping from typing on this BB keyboard anyway. I'll hope to be able to send you something later. We are well and thankful for being able to do His work.
In all things give thanks,
David